It can often be quite daunting bringing unknown trainers in from the outside – trust us, we know because it works both ways!
So here are a few principles that we live by in training:
- We do not get involved in lodge/business politics!
- We train guides/trackers that have an interest in learning
- We generally avoid doing assessments as this distracts from the learning process (formal assessments are a different matter all together)
- We do not make excuses for what unfolds during training as it is an ‘organic process’!
- We do not assist management in ‘weeding out’ poor guides – that is a management issue. We aim to assist all guides to improve what and how they do their job.